Sunday, May 1, 2011

Blog Post # 14 Special Metaphor Assignment

1. Why did you miss the metaphor in Tom Johnson's post, or, if you "hit the nail on the head", why do you think you understood the metaphor and why do you think that others in the class missed the metaphor?I thought the post was a little over my head, because I missed the entire subject.I really did  not even know that metaphor's were being used. I felt bad not knowing technology was being used. How could I miss the concept and I am taking a class dealing with technology.


2. What metaphors have you encountered since I asked you to create a log of them?There are so many metaphors that I come into contact with on a day to day basis. Some metaphors i have heard and some I have not. For Example Over the Hill, Never bite the Hand that feed you,What goes around comes around,just to name a few.


3. What other things can we do as educators to help our students to understand and to use metaphors?As an individual I do not understand all metaphors.I use the web to find out.As a educator these are thing I will always run into.


4. Why do we use metaphors?Maybe to make jokes?People trying to expand their vocabulary.It just depend on the individual.











metaphor

No comments:

Post a Comment