Sunday, March 13, 2011

Blog Post # 8

dream

Richard Miller: This is How we Dream Parts 1 & 2

Part 1
Richard Miller who is an English Educator at Rutgers University in New Jersey. He talks about how technology has changed in so many ways. Today instead of looking and researching information from books everyone does it from the web. I agree with what he is speaking about everything is starting to revolve around technology, books, paper, pens, and pencils is slowly getting thrown out.

Part 2
In this part 2 of This is How we Dream, Richard Miller talks about the academic process and how technology is used in schools and classes today. What he is saying is so true. Children today is well technology ready. I have a 4 year old daughter and she knows how to work my iphone almost better than me.  With all this technology children will not care to read books. They will be looking for cell phones, ipads, and laptops for everything.



edm310

EDM 310 for Dummies and The Chipper Series

The Chipper Series
This is a student that was in EDM 310 that was trying to come up with so many different reasons why she could not get her work done on time or just try to talk her way out of doing the work completely.  Well, all I can say is EDM 310 was not the class for her. This is a required class and she should just jump on the wagon and get it together.

EDM 310 for Dummies
This is a good video to watch. I also agree with Jamielynn that they can write a book about this class, but it should be posted on the blog because with all the technology you have to use in this class, no one would read it by hand. I was the same way like in the beginning of this video. I thought this class was so hard and so much work. I felt helpless. Now that I am mid-way in the course my attitude has changed completely. I am learning so much in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class!


philp zambardo

The Secret Powers of Time
 This is a interesting video and I am happy it was shared with us. He speaks and draws pictures about real life events. I thought that was neat and creative. I was amazed of the many examples he used. For example, how he discuss time and how we use it everyday. He states that time is important in our life and we do not notice it. Great video!


david pink

Drive: The Surprising Truth about what Motivates Us

David Pink speaks about what motivates us in life either at home, work, or school. This is another interesting video with the picture drawing. I thought that was good to keep the viewer interested in the video. He talks and explain about better performance, and many different truth about what goes on behind the workplace.


learn to change

Learn to Change, Change to Learn

This video is about different teachers, or should I say educators speaking about technology with students today. They talk about the different changes that could be made in the classroom. They discuss what is needed to be taught and what students need to be able to distinguish in life. i feel they all have good point of views about what is important for students.

1 comment:

  1. Dana,

    I am glad to hear that you see the importance of technology in the classroom. As you watched in the videos, students are now learning solely through the use of technology, and as educators, we need to reach our students and encourage them in their education. I believe technology is vital to accomplish this, and our world revolves around the use of technology. I do not believe we have any other option but to integrate technology into the classroom.

    ReplyDelete