Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blog Post # 2

Did You Know

Well, I can really say I did not know! WOW! Watching this movie has really showed me how much technology has changed so much over the years. A lot of things that was being view in this movie, I had no clue about. I am glad I got the chance to see many different things and different ways technology is shared around the world. Technology is very popular today. People are depending on technology today more ever. For example, computers, cell phones, ipads,etc... which I think is great. Years from now technology will be even better than it is now!



Rip Van Winkle
Poor Mr. Winkle wakes up from a long, long, time of being sleep. He walked out into a new world compared to what it use to be many years ago. He was shocked with all the computers and other different technology that has came about today. By watching this movie I took in that technology is much more popular. Mr. Winkle was not use to it.

He traveled different places and saw that everything had changed. He then went to a school, which was still like he remember. There he saw pencil, paper, and students listening to the teacher. He spotted a dusty laptop which did not bother him because it was off. That goes to show that all schools show get more into the technology today and interact with the students.



Sir ken robinson
Sir Ken Robinson who is a very good speaker. I really enjoyed listening to his speech on creativity. He spoke on how important creativity is and how it need to be used more in schools. Sir Ken Robinson thinks that every school should have the ability to be creative not just certain schools. He made several jokes during his speech, which were quite funny but also true at the same time. He said "everyone is creative" and I have to agree with him. Everyone has some special gift in them that they can use and be creative. Once I graduate and become a educator I plan to use creativity in my classroom with my students because it is important also.


cecelia gualt and sir ken robinson
Cecelia Gualt, a very smart educated young lady. She was well prepared and asked Sir Ken Robinson interesting questions. She was taught by a good educator, because she was well spoken during the interview. He questions were asked on her behalf  but, also they were questions others wanted to know and got the chance to get the answers through her interview. For this movie being as short as it was a lot was discussed and answered.



computer
I really enjoyed this movie with Mrs. Vicki Davis! L liked the way she let her class help her teach the class about technology and all different ways it could be used. She shows much creativity in class with her students with all the programs they can use a create on the computer. Her class also taught her how to use one ofn the programs that she did not know how to use and they did. I thought that was very impressive! Mrs. Davis classroom was well set up and has a nice learning environment.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Dana! I love all the pictures you put into your blog! Where do you get all these wonderful pictures? I am new to doing a blog, so I have no idea how to do all this. So, what made you want to be a teacher? I want to be a teacher because I want to be the teacher that I never had. All of my teachers always acted like they didn't care. It was like they were there for the money.I don't want to be that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I plan to use creativity in my classroom with my students because it is important also." Any specific ideas on how you will do this?

    We are all learners and must learn from each other.

    For Leiha: "All of my teachers always acted like they didn't care." How unfortunate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Strange,by using technology and working together as a whole exploring new ideas and putting it all together to be successful.


    Leiha....I always wanted to be a teacher every since I was in kindergarden. I had the best teacher ever!!! And I always said I wanted to grow up and be a great teacher just like her. Also, I have a cousin who is a teacher and she is my motivator. I can not wait to be come a great educator soon!! In due time.....

    ReplyDelete