Sunday, February 13, 2011

Blog Post # 4

laptop
Don't Teach Your Kids This Stuff. Please?

When I first read this post I misunderstood Scott McLeod's way of being sarcastic about technology. After reading it a couple of times I got the message. I really enjoyed it. It was a very good point maker about the negative and positive points about technology. I have came to realize that technology is good for students in schools. Scott McLeod is the co-creator of Did You Know?


iSchool Initiative

This is a very good video by a high school senior. He did great  research on schools and how many are changing with the use of technology. He makes good points on how it will save money for schools. I think that is very important.

The Lost Generation

Absolutely LOVE IT! When I first started watching and listening to this video I was like What! This video is so negative. Then it turned around and said everything backwards in a positive way I said now that's more like it. I loved this video.

Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir

Shocking is how I reacted to this video! 185 people who have never met or performed together a day in their life. Great sound, but that  just goes to show you how technology works in so many ways.

Teaching in the 21st Century

This is a great video and I really enjoyed watching it. It pointed out many good facts about technology and how it's going in the 21st century. Learning and teaching technology is a great thing at a certain point to me.

2 comments:

  1. It appears to me that you missed the point of Dr. McLeod's post. Try again.

    See my elaboration on Teaching in the 21st Century in my post My Response to the Comments Left on the Watson vs. Jeopardy Event on the Class Blog. Your two sentences do not meet the minimal standards for an appropriate post.

    ReplyDelete