Sunday, February 6, 2011

Blog Post # 3

laptop
A Vision of Students Today By: Michael Wesch
Watching this movie shows how college experience is today. Most of us students really do not like school and just go to waste time and money. The movie show that technology is used in schools but not all in the right way. Students go to the book store and buy those expensive books, and most times they remain in book bags,cars, or left at home on a book shelf. Everything students learn from today is from technology, for examples powerpoint. This movie provided important facts.



computer class

It's Not About the Technology By:Kelly Hines
I agree with Ms. Hines. I understand that technology is something thats becoming to good use in schools, but it should not be a main focus. Students can be taught the same way with the help of so much technology. Ms. Hines states that Teachers must be learners and thats true. teachers have to learn and stay updated to be able to teach it to their students. Next, she says Learning and Teaching are not the same. again, I agree with her. a teacher must understand what he or she is talking about to be able to teach it to someone else. I also think that a teacher should be able to teach and help students to understand and not just teach it and say they should have it. Then, Ms. Hines states Technology is useless without good teaching. Now, some teachers do not like this new modern technology and chose not to use it. I disagree with that. I think that they should consider using a little technology in the schools with students. Some are just strictly about books and chalkboards. Last, Be a 21st century teacher without the Technology. I agree 100% with this. Technology is becoming a high demand in schools and really everywhere around the world. Do not get me wrong technology is a great things being used in schools, but lets not forget about paper, pencils, and books. Technology should be strictly by course and monitored.



teacher and students on computer
Is It Ok to Be a Technologically Illiterate Teacher? By; Karl Fisch
Mr. Fisch has very important statements on this post, I see why its a winning post. They were interesting facts and I have learn something I did not know from this post. He is very opened minded about education. I myself think that  teachers should have some qualities with technology. They should stay updated with the world.







media count down
Gary Hayes Social Media Count
When I fist saw this I was like WOW! What is going on? Numbers were moving and adding up so fast. Technology has grown so much in todays world and is still expanding. It's  amazing to look at how fast the numbers were changing on all the different social networks and technology devices. I just could not believe what i was seeing. Really, are these numbers true!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dana,
    While reading through your blog I noticed that we have some of the same points. I agree with you that most books get left in your car, book bag, or a lot of the time are not even opened. Technology should become used more in the classrooms. Teachers must be prepared when using technology and know what they are doing when teaching their students. We also agree on how insane the Social Media Count video is. I watched this video a few times just to keep watching the numbers climb.
    I enjoyed your blog and am glad I got the chance to read on your page! Here's my link if you would like to visit mine. http://sasserbrittniedm310.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana,

    I am glad you agree with Kelly Hines' post because we can definitely learn a lot from her teaching style. I really enjoy reading her posts because I also agree that technology is an important tool to use in the classroom. You will learn a great amount about the incorporation of technology in EDM, and I hope you find a way to use it in your classroom like Mrs. Hines.

    ReplyDelete