Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blog Post # 6

networked student


Networked Student

As of right now I consider myself being a networked student. The reason I say that is because I am learning new things about technology everyday. Now that I am  in EDM 310, I am learning and using technology I have never heard of before, but I can say I am enjoying the new experience! Yes, a networked student needs a teacher to assist them with all the help they need. The teacher will help guide students through the die experiences of learning how to use technology. I plan to keep learning even after I am out of EDM 310 so that I can do the same with my class one day and help them to become a networked student.





ple


7th Grade Student

WOW! This 7th grader did a excellent job on her PLE. I have not yet started on mines, but by watching this short video of this 7th grader makes me excited to do my very own. she has it well organized and put together. I like how she use it more for her school work other than for her social doings like facebook. she has facebook and other things she just use separate from her school doings and I thought that was a good idea. I also like how the student has some of its work open to the public where anyone can see with good helpful education material. That's awesome! I hope I will be able to create my own PLE and enjoy as use it as well as this 7th grade student enjoys it.




smartboard

Smart Boards

Well, to start off I have never used a smart board before, and when reading Why Smart boards Are a Dumb Initiative By: Michael Staton and Why I hate Interactive whiteboards By: Bill Ferriter I van truly say they had me a little worried and almost a change of heart. The reason I say I almost had a change of heart is because my mom works at a school I have have heard only good things about the smart boards. she tells me how all the students K-5 interact with the smart boards along with the teachers. After reading these post I read through the comments a a lot of people agreed with the post but I found one person who did not http://interactivewhiteboardsight.blogspot.com. I now can not wait to be able to use the smart board and experience with it and see what it is all about!

1 comment:

  1. I have no doubts that you are going to continue your learning journey. You seem to have every bit of passion that it takes to be incredible in our profession. I can't wait to see how you and the rest of your team end up as teachers. In fact, I can't wait to work alongside you. We definitely need to keep in touch so we can use each other as resources to connect our schools and communities.

    ReplyDelete