Saturday, February 19, 2011

Blog Post # 5

podcasting

Podcasting

Before being in EDM 310 class I was not aware of podcasting. I was also not really interested with technology being so involved in schools, but I have really changed my attitude towards that thought and has realized that it is a good source of learning for students.


joe dale

The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom By: Joe Dale

I really enjoyed the video by Joe Dale on podcasting in the classroom and everywhere else. Podcasting is a very good use  to students and how they interact with their teachers or one another. For example, where Mr. Dale showed a student was sick and unable to attend school, she was still able to download her teacher's podcast with all the class assignments on there. Podcasting is not only good for students and teachers it is also good for the parents to keep up with what their children are learning. Podcasting is great!


Eagles Nest Radio and Class Blog

I was amazed to know that this podcasting was done by third graders. I think that is so good that children are learning how to use technology so young in a good way. It is a good way for the students to learn and have a little fun all at the same time.

Langwitches

This was a podcasting idea that came about from two teachers, Mrs. Tolisano and Mrs. Khur. The podcasting idea was for students to learn Language Arts. Them coming together with this idea was good. When I become a teacher I plan to use podcasting with my students because I think it will help with my students learning as well .

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you noticed that podcasting is also good for the parents. I really think that this is a great way to get the parents involved in their child's education.

    I hope podcasting is great for you when you become a teacher!

    Good post Dana,

    I think your blog looks great,

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with the both of you, podcasting is and can be great tool in in the field of education and many other uses.

    ReplyDelete